Thursday, February 16, 2012

A cold couple of weeks

Surely Mother Nature decided to throw a fit these past couple of weeks because this snow has broken all sorts of records. Public transportation was shut down for the 2nd weekend in a row so the trip to Pisa was a no-go, which really bummed me out. 5 days of school and 2 fieldtrips were cancelled in the process.

Trying not to let the snow ruin all of my fun, I still managed to escape my house to go to out and enjoy the nightlife, which led me to meet some very friendly Italians who took me sledding at 3 AM on Friday. We still managed Family Dinner Night on Sunday so that was fun as well. On top of that, Marco, one of the USAC coordinators/teachers has begun organizing volleyball games on Wednesday nights, allowing me to get my blood pumping at least once a week.

Tomorrow we leave bright and early for Carnivale in Venice! Most of the USAC students paid for group  accommodations/transportation through the Erasmus Program, an international student group. Needless to say, I'm very excited.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, thanks for posting the pics of the storm AND the food... you know how your Mama loves food! Hope the snow storm fizzled out & you got to go to Venice... how exciting! I can't wait to hear all about it and/or see pics on your blog!!! Love U!!!

    ReplyDelete