Thursday, February 16, 2012

Food Part 1

As promised, I have begun to takes pictures of food, some made by me, some from the restaurants. I only have 3 pictures so far but I'm working on it.
Homemade pizza with pesto, mozzarella, and garlic on top of focaccia.
Pasta from the world famous La Spaghetteria, world record holder for most kinds of pasta, over 300 in fact. This particular one is Paellati, essentially paella in pasta form and my favorite so far. Thanks to Lucrezia for the photo.
This tasty pasta I made last night. The official name is Pasta alla Carbonara but I like to call it breakfast pasta because ham and eggs are the two main ingredients.

As for the vino: frankly pictures of bottles are quite boring so I didn't take any. I do wanna talk about it though. In restaurants, if you ask for table wine or house wine, they'll bring you a pitcher with red or white wine mixed with sparkling water. Sounds gross I know but I've taken a liking to it. When I drink at home, I usually try to pick up a different bottle under 5 euros every time I go shopping. And without trying to sound like an alcoholic, I need to mention the "Wine Guy". Conveniently located only 10 minutes away, his store has these big vats of maybe 12-15 kinds of reds and whites which you can buy in 1.5, 2, or 4 liter plastic bottles for ludicrously cheap. They're great to take to dinners, like our Family Dinner Nights.

That's all I got for now but I will keep eating/drinking/snapping away as time goes on.

P.S. Special shout out to Lucrezia and Elena for showing up at my apartment on a Sunday morning to bring some pastries they had made. They were consumed within the hour. Grazie mille.

No comments:

Post a Comment